Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.19.2013

I Feel Pretty + Reflections on Spending

Top: Target Skirt: Old Navy Flats: Payless Necklace: From my mom

Do you ever have days where you just feel pretty?  Today is one of those days.  I just feel beautiful in this outfit!  This is my first peplum top, and I absolutely love it.  It's a sweater material, but it's nice and breathable.  I love that the peplum isn't too poofy or clingy.  And the color is great!  I've been wanting a mint top for a while, but haven't been able to find anything I like that is also affordable.

Although I vowed off shopping this month, I couldn't resist the extra 20% clearance items at Target this weekend and got this sweater and three skirts for about $20.  But now, I'm done with shopping until September!  I'm proud of myself for resisting the extra 40% off clearance items online at Gap this weekend...I browsed and filled my cart with tons of awesome things, but closed out of the window before I entered in my credit card number.  A few months ago, I would have bought all the things without question.  I'm just trying to make sure my closet is filled with things that I love and that fit me.  Since I love clothing and style so much and pretty much only spend my "fun" money on clothes, it can be hard to tell myself "no," but I'm getting so much better at it as time has gone on.  Plus, I'm out of hangers in my closet and I refuse to buy more!  I'll just have to be happy with what I have or start to really nitpick in my closet and get rid of things I don't like, don't fit, won't wear, etc.

Today is also my first day of my new job!  I'm really eager to get started and learn what I'll be researching this year with my professor!  Wish me luck ;)

No comments: