Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.13.2013

Grandparents

Shirt: Old Navy, thrifted Jeans: Gap Sandals: Target Necklace: Borrowed from my mom

It's another day of hanging out with my grandpa and taking care of him after his cataract surgery.  He has been completely blind in one eye for several years now, so this surgery was both necessary but also a little scary.  There was a chance he would go blind in his good eye, and thankfully, he came through the surgery with restored vision!  Last night, I spent some time at his house, made dinner for us, and helped him keep track of all the drops he needs to put in his eye.  This morning, I took him to his follow-up doctor appointment with my mom and we went out for lunch together.  It is so exciting that he is able to see out of his "good eye" again, and I'm really glad I was available to spend some extra time with him.

I feel really lucky to still have living grandparents.  My grandpa is still incredibly sharp and "with it," and he's so funny.  You know how some people get really cranky and ornery as they age?  My grandpa is 100% the opposite.  He has gotten so much more carefree, goofy, and sensitive, and it's the best.  He is one of the most delightful people to spend time with!  These last couple of days with him have been wonderful.

No comments: