Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

7.25.2013

Catching Up! (Outfits 20-25!)

Whew, I have finally finished my first year of graduate school and completed my graduate assistantship!  It's an incredible feeling...the year has flown by, and I have learned so much.  I am really excited to see what this upcoming year brings.  I'll be taking 9 credits each semester, interning 25-30 hours each week, and working as a research assistant 10 hours each week in addition to writing my thesis.  I'm going to be one busy lady, but I'm excited about what is to come.

Now that I'm done with work and school for the next month or so, I'm looking forward to getting caught up on blogging.  This post has all of my outfits from the past six days...here we go!

Sweater: Old Navy Shorts: Tommy Hilfiger Sandals: Target Necklace: Gift

I wore this outfit last Saturday.  I spent the morning at my parent's house watching their dogs while my mom was at the hospital with my dad.  I also got a hair cut (after this picture was taken...see below!).  In the afternoon, Kevin came up to Minneapolis and we visited my dad together.  That evening, Kevin and I went to a wedding (I wore a non-30x30 dress...), where we had a fantastic time.  It was a beautiful ceremony for our friends Lindsey and Jeff, and they had their reception at the gorgeous public library in downtown Minneapolis.  Coolest venue ever.  The wedding was a great distraction from worrying about my dad!

Shirt: Target Vest: Old Navy Jeans: Old Navy Sandals: Target Necklace: Gift

On Sunday, I had quite the busy day.  I sang with the worship team at my family's church, had lunch with my parents (Dad got discharged from the hospital a day early!!), spent time with my best friend Andria (we hadn't seen each other since MARCH), and went to a little bonfire at my aunt and uncle's with my parents.  It was such a great day.

 Blouse: Target, thrifted new Shorts: Tommy Hilfiger Sandals: Target

Monday was a long day, full of work and class.  It was the last session of new student orientation, and I decided to stay on campus with my staff and hang out with them while they led 200+ new students through activities.  We played dodgeball, sang karaoke, and laughed a lot.  The student leaders I work with are such great people!

Shirt: Old Navy Skirt: Target Shoes: Target, thrifted new Necklace: Target

Tuesday was my last day of class!  We are officially second-year school counseling students - ah!!  So exciting :)  I also had my banquet to celebrate the end of the orientation season for work.  We went out for dinner, enjoyed a fun end-of-the-year video with pictures and video clips of our staff's shenanigans all summer, and took lots of pictures together.

Tank, vest, shorts, and sandals: Old Navy (omg.) Belt: The Limited

Wednesday was my very last day of work.  I cleaned out my office, turned in my keys, and said my goodbyes to my supervisor and colleagues.  It is a very bittersweet feeling to be done.  Luckily, I'll still be on campus two days a week, so I'll be able to pop in and say hello to the staff!  In the evening, Kevin and I watched a Harry Potter movie to relax and spend time together with the dogs.

 Dress: Target Shoes: Old Navy Scarf: Gift

Today is my first day of freedom for a while!  I have absolutely nothing on my schedule and am getting caught up with housework, blogging, etc.  I love days like this :)  I'm going to be home again this weekend to spend more time with my dad, and can't wait!  It's times like this that I can't wait to be up in the Twin Cities, but I'm glad I live only an hour away so I can get home easily.

I hope you all have had a great week - I look forward to catch up reading blogs and seeing what people are up to.  I also want to thank all of you for your comments, emails, and texts regarding the whole situation with my dad.  It all means so much to me.  Thank you!!

No comments: